Our company is looking for a Scrum Master to join the development department. We need a self-motivated, proactive employee, who isn’t afraid of new challenges, and will improve our project development processes.
About the role
You will support two Scrum teams and a Product team distributed across multiple time zones, who are continuing the development of a successful and innovative product that has already disrupted its industry. You won’t find our engineering teams following the typical model of “what the customer wants is what they get.” Instead, it is core to our culture to follow Agile processes, identify all 8 types of Agile waste, and seek out continuous improvement as our Scrum teams strive to ship like a boss. The Scrum Master is responsible for applying and protecting Agile methodologies, and relentlessly seeking out opportunities for improvement.
- 2+ years of experience on a similar position with software development teams;
- A drive to learn and continuously improve;
- A rapid iteration mindset;
- Deep understanding of Agile values, principles, 8 types of Lean waste, as well as the Scrum framework;
- Strong written and verbal communicator;
- Upper-Intermediate level of English or higher;
- Will be a plus SQL and/or MS Visio knowledge.
- Knowledge and practical skills in Jira;
- Ability to apply your knowledge in a large team;
- Strong understanding of software development cycles;
- Experience in constant improvement of software development processes.
*You should have most of these skills. It’s alright if you don’t have every one of these skills today, so long as you demonstrate your ability to learn on-the-job.
- Promote & coach Agile methodology and Scrum principles and practices;
- Lead team efforts in applying Agile/Scrum practices to relentlessly improve the product development process;
- Measure, track, communicate, and optimize Scrum process KPIs (e.g. sprint velocity, sprint progress vs. sprint commitment, etc.);
- Identify & eliminate impediments and outside distractions from the Scrum team;
- Work closely with the Product Manager to remove impediments, and facilitate communication and information exchange across our distributed teams;
- Organize & facilitate effective sprint planning, sprint demo, retrospective, and daily Scrum meetings.
Challenging tasks & professional growth;
High-level and competitive compensation;
A friendly experienced team;
Up to 50% compensation of educational courses and conferences price for professional growth;
Free English classes;
23 business days leave;
Gifts for significant life events.